Term Details

Display Hierarchical | Alphabetical | KWOC | KWIC

Top Terms > Testing > Testing equipment > Measuring instruments > Measuring instruments by technique > Nuclear gages > Nuclear density gages

Find related records

Search with TRT term only:

TRB Publications Index
Research in Progress

Expanded search with
narrower TRT terms:

TRB Publications Index
Research in Progress

Nuclear density gages (Gumend)

Instruments that measure in-place hot mix asphalt density using gamma radiation. Gages usually contain a small gamma source (about 10 mCi) such as Cesium-137 on the end of a retractable rod. (Source: http://training.ce.washington.edu/WSDOT/Modules/07_construction/nuclear_gauge.htm)
Broader Term
Nuclear gages (Gumen)
Related Terms (Hierarchical)
Nuclear moisture gages (Gumenm)
Nuclear probes (Gumenp)