Term Details

Display Hierarchical | Alphabetical | KWOC | KWIC

Top Terms > Facilities > Structures > Structural parts > Structural members > Structural supports > Vertical supports > Poles (Supports)

Find related records

Search with TRT term only:

TRB Publications Index
Research in Progress

Expanded search with
narrower TRT terms:

TRB Publications Index
Research in Progress

Poles (Supports) (Pbpbvvp)

Vertical supports that are long, relatively slender, and generally rounded or multisided. Also, a solid wood member, round in cross-section, of any size or length, usually used with the larger end in the ground. Or, a tall, slender, usually free-standing structural support. (Source: AASHTO Glossary)
Broader Term
Vertical supports (Pbpbvv)
Related Terms (Hierarchical)
Beams (Pbpbvvb)
Cantilevers (Pbpbvvc)
Columns (Pbpbvvd)
Girders (Pbpbvvg)
Lagging (Earthwork) (Pbpbvvj)
Piles (Supports) (Pbpbvvm)
Posts (Pbpbvvq)
Sign supports (Pbpbvvr)
Studs (Pbpbvvs)
Trusses (Pbpbvvt)