Term Details

Display Hierarchical | Alphabetical | KWOC | KWIC

Top Terms > Facilities > Structures > Structural parts > Structural members > Structural supports > Vertical supports > Posts

Find related records

Search with TRT term only:

TRB Publications Index
Research in Progress

Expanded search with
narrower TRT terms:

TRB Publications Index
Research in Progress

Posts (Pbpbvvq)

Solid wood members with a square or nearly square cross-section, with the width not more than 51mm (2.0 in.) greater than the thickness. Also, a vertical or sloping support member of a rail system that anchors a railing element to the deck. Or, a vertical member supporting a sign or a longitudinal system such as a fence, noise wall, guardrail, or hand rail. (Source: AASHTO Glossary)
Broader Term
Vertical supports (Pbpbvv)
Related Terms (Hierarchical)
Beams (Pbpbvvb)
Cantilevers (Pbpbvvc)
Columns (Pbpbvvd)
Girders (Pbpbvvg)
Lagging (Earthwork) (Pbpbvvj)
Piles (Supports) (Pbpbvvm)
Poles (Supports) (Pbpbvvp)
Sign supports (Pbpbvvr)
Studs (Pbpbvvs)
Trusses (Pbpbvvt)