Term Details

Display Hierarchical | Alphabetical | KWOC | KWIC

Top Terms > Vehicles and equipment > Equipment > Equipment by end use > Securing and joining equipment > Couplers

Find related records

Search with TRT term only:

TRB Publications Index
Research in Progress

Expanded search with
narrower TRT terms:

TRB Publications Index
Research in Progress

Couplers (Qtpuh)

Mechanical devices that serve to connect the ends of adjacent objects or, in the case of railroads, devices for connecting cars or locomotives together. (Source: wordnet.princeton.edu and AASHTO Glossary)
Use For
Car couplers
Broader Term
Securing and joining equipment (Qtpu)
Related Terms (Hierarchical)
Anchors (Mooring devices) (Qtpub)
Anchor windlasses (Qtpuc)
Anchors (Structural connectors) (Qtpud)
Arrester wires (Qtpuf)
Drawbars (Qtpuj)
Flanges (Qtpuk)
Gaskets (Qtpum)
Mooring cables (Qtpur)
Rings (Devices) (Qtput)
Seals (Devices) (Qtpuv)
Tiedowns (Qtpuw)
Towing devices (Qtpuy)