Term Details

Display Hierarchical | Alphabetical | KWOC | KWIC

Top Terms > Vehicles and equipment > Equipment > Equipment by end use > Securing and joining equipment > Flanges

Find related records

Search with TRT term only:

TRB Publications Index
Research in Progress

Expanded search with
narrower TRT terms:

TRB Publications Index
Research in Progress

Flanges (Qtpuk)

Projections used for strength or for attaching to another object. Projecting edges or rims on the circumference of the car wheel to keep it on the rail. (Source: AASHTO Glossary and wordnet.princeton.edu)
Broader Term
Securing and joining equipment (Qtpu)
Related Terms (Hierarchical)
Anchors (Mooring devices) (Qtpub)
Anchor windlasses (Qtpuc)
Anchors (Structural connectors) (Qtpud)
Arrester wires (Qtpuf)
Couplers (Qtpuh)
Drawbars (Qtpuj)
Gaskets (Qtpum)
Mooring cables (Qtpur)
Rings (Devices) (Qtput)
Seals (Devices) (Qtpuv)
Tiedowns (Qtpuw)
Towing devices (Qtpuy)